We are delighted to showcase just some of our Midlands Engine partnership’s many achievements in our end-of-year film, featuring leading voices from across our region – and demonstrating that together we are tackling the things that really matter in our region, to drive growth and prosperity.
In his introduction to the film, Midlands Engine Chairman Sir John Peace comments:
“2021 has reinforced that the Midlands is a region of exceptional ingenuity, ambition and enterprise. We deliver goods, services, innovations and intellectual property – not just across the UK, but to every corner of the globe – providing Midlands solutions to global challenges.
“The Midlands has been one the worst affected regions by the pandemic with hardships experienced across many sectors. And while it’s not over yet – our eyes must look to the future. To the prospect of further devolution and delivering on the levelling up agenda for every part of our region.
“There has never been a better time for true partnership working in the Midlands.”
Rachael Greenwood, Executive Director, Midlands Engine said:
2021 has been the most phenomenal year for the Midlands Engine Partnership. We’ve had many more partners step up and stand with us in our work in driving pan-regional prosperity.
We’ve delivered more engagements, more activities, more opportunities in order to be able to advocate for the phenomenal strengths and the incredible opportunities that there are in every part of our region.
We would like to thank all our partners for continued support and commitment throughout 2021.
Thanks also to those who generously gave their time and insights as we compiled our 2021 Partnership Highlights film:
- Sarah Middleton – Midlands Engine Observatory Programme Board Chair and Chief Executive, Black Country Consortium
- Jeannie McGillivray – Midlands Engine Business Council Member and Chief Executive, Remote
- Ruth Carver – Midlands Engine Operating Board member and Chief Executive, Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Nick Abell – Chairman, Midlands Connect Steering Group and Chairman, Wright Hassell LLP
- Sally Brewis – Midlands Engine Green Growth Board member and Head of Regional Development (East and London), Cadent
- Dafydd Williams – Midlands Engine Humber Freeport Lead and Head of Policy, Communications and Economic Development, Associated British Ports
- Dr Nik Kotecha – Midlands Engine Health Board member and Chairman, Morningside Pharmaceuticals
- Grant Peggie – Midlands Engine Operating Board member and Director Venture Capital Solutions, British Business Bank
For the latest from our region, subscribe to Midlands Matters, the official newsletter of the Midlands Engine.